Friday, December 11, 2009

The Northwest Christmas Waltz

I'm not sure where the idea came from, but this morning I found myself rewriting a familiar Christmas song. What started as simply a possible status message ended up in an actual recording.

***No offense meant to my fellow Oregonians - I love living here, but there are days when I wish for a warmer climate. ;) Also, no slight intended against Christmas. I love Christmas and this song is not meant to be taken seriously... except for the Uncle Sam reference. :P

The Northwest Christmas Waltz

My apologies that the lyrics are rather difficult to discern... I had to use my iMac's built-in microphone and it's not that great for recordings. Plus, the background recording was too low for me. hehe.

Frosted window panes,
Cold air streaming inside,
Frozen icicles on my tree
Andrew's on his way
He worked all day for things
Things for our Uncle Sam.

It's that time of year
When I can't feel my toes
And my fingertips are so numb
Merry Christmas
Next year I'll be in the south
Where it's warm all year
I just can't live here
Or I'll die I fear
In the Northwest.

Frosted window panes
Candles gleaming inside
Wish we insulated before
This cold weather
Now I can't afford to turn
Turn the thermostat up

It’s that time of year
When the world falls in love
Every song that you hear seems to say
Spend more money
Make your New Year dreams come true
If you're cold and broke
Then you're like most folk
Wishing you and yours
The same thing too!

No comments: